Monday, June 27, 2011

Not the Perfect Life

30-something years old and still no home to call for myself. I know there are people worse off than me, but remember when mothers would tell us to finish all of our food, even the green stuff we hated because there were starving kids in Africa? Well, I kind of feel like that- don't tell me to be happy just because other people are worse off than me.

As a matter of fact, I live in a rich town. I mean, really wealthy. These people have private jets, big mansions, and fast cars. Imagine living in a town like this and always feeling like the help. Not so fun.

At my age, I really thought I would be more settled. I think people are actually surprised by how well I am taking my "loser life." They are surprised I am not more embarrassed by things- like driving a 16-year old rusted Chevy (who is aptly nicknamed "The Tank".) I don't wear fancy clothes, don't have lots of money, and I...can barely admit this outloud...but I still...live with my parents.

There, I said it. The sky didn't fall. I wasn't struck by lightening. But yeah...I have failed to thrive. I still live with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment