Thursday, August 4, 2011

Always Looking In

Do you ever feel like an outsider? I do.

I do not merely feel like an outsider. I am an outsider. Sometimes, I even see my reflection in the window- and its scary. Sometimes I only look in and see the others. They are laughing, smiling, having fun.

The others- they know exactly what they are doing. They know where they fit in and how. They are comfortable in their own skin, even if it might be botoxed and surgeried.

The others- they laugh with confidence in their lives. They are satisfied and pleased with their accomplishments- a marriage, their place at work, the kids they've had.

And I don't know where to begin. Where do I start? I'm so busy trying to get a bite of anything, and yet, I get nothing. No success at work. No success with marriage, or love. No success with anything else that matters.

Does that mean I am a failure at life?

No comments:

Post a Comment